Your life will change over time – your life insurance should be able to as well. Because no single insurance plan will work for everyone, American National offers universal life insurance. Like whole life, universal life is considered a permanent life insurance policy. However, universal life offers a much greater degree of flexibility for the policyholder in both premium payments and coverage amounts.
Universal life options may include:
Flexible premiums – Policyholders may be able to vary their premiums within certain limits as long as the policy retains sufficient available cash value
Flexible benefits – Policies may allow you to increase or decrease the death benefit according to your particular situation, subject to qualification requirements.
Loan access – You can borrow against a portion of your policy’s cash value in order to meet unexpected financial needs. Unpaid policy debt will reduce the proceeds payable at death.
Optional riders – Many policies can be customized with riders such as accelerated death benefits (living benefits), disability waivers of minimum premium and children’s level term riders. Not all riders are available for all policies.
Universal life policy values are interest-rate sensitive. Interest crediting rates are set by the insurer, subject to policy-specific requirements.
- Provides guaranteed lifetime death benefit protection and three guaranteed periods that allow the insured to cash-out their policy.
- Guaranteed Death Benefit: Clients can select the face amount and a guaranteed period to age 95 or 105. The Death Benefit is guaranteed to chosen age, assuming all premiums are paid as scheduled.
- Guaranteed Cash-Out Rider: During a 60-day period following the 15th, 20th and 25th policy anniversaries, the rider allows for policy surrender in exchange for a partial or full return of premiums paid.*
*Cash-Out Rider may not be available on all substandard rated policies and some may only qualify for the Cash-Out option on the 15th policy anniversary.
Form Series: SGUL18
- Cash accumulation universal life policy with flexible premiums.
- Death Benefit Options: Multiple options are available to reflect your financial goals.
- Optional Riders: Riders with specific benefits are available to fit your insurance needs.
Form Series: UL19
- Flexible premium universal life policy with both fixed and indexed crediting options.
- Provides a death benefit as well as the ability to build Accumulation Value.
- Optional riders: Riders with specific benefits are available to fit your insurance needs.
Form Series: IUL19
- Multiple Indexed strategies to maximize Accumulation Value potential.
- Guaranteed Death Benefit Options: Clients can select the face amount and a guaranteed period between ages 80 and 121.
- 4 Optional riders with specific benefits to fit your coverage needs.
Form Series: GIUL21